Department of Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge
The following objectives are laid out to achieve the goals of the course.
- To possess knowledge on the basic sciences and principles and application of dental material science.
- To diagnose and planned trearment for pateints requiring a prosthodontic therapy.
- To read and interpret a radiograph and other investigations for the diagnostic and treatment planning purpose.
- Age changes and prosthodontic therapy for the aged.
- Ability to diagnose failed restorations and provide prosthetic therapy.
- To advice regarding case management involving surgical interim treatment etc
- To attend continue education programmes, seminars & conferences related to prosthetics. thus, updating himself.
- To have essential knowledge of personal hygiene, infection control, prevention of cross infection keeping a view the risks of transmission of hepatitis & HIV.
- To have a ability to plan to establish prosthodontics. clinic/ hospital & practice management.
- To have a sound knowledge of pharmacology effects of drugs on oral tissues and systems of body and for medically compromised patients.
Skills and behavior
- Candidate should be able to examine the patients requiring prosthetic therapy investigate the patient systemically, analyse the investigation results, radiography, diagnose the alignment, plan a treatment, communicate it with the patient and execute it.
- Understand the prevelance and prevention of diseases of cranio-mandibular system related to prosthetic dentistry.
- Candidate should be able to restore lost functions of stomatognathic system, by understanding biological medical bio-engineering principles and systemic conditions of the patients to provide a quality health care of the crani-facial region.
- Should be able to demonstrate the clinical competence necessary to carry out appropriate treatment at higher level of knowledge, training & practice skills currently available.
- Identify target diseases and awareness amongst the population for prosthetic therapy.
- To understand demographic distribution and target diseases of cranio-mandibular region related to prosthodontics.