|Dr.Sharath Asokan, MDS, PhD||Principal||Head of the Institution|
|Mr.Thirumoorthi, MABL||Advocate and Notary Public||Representative of Legal Authority|
|Mr.Jeganathan||Inspector, Tiruchengode Rural Police Station||Representative of Police Administration|
|Mr.Rasool||Journalist||Representative of Local Media|
|Mr. R. Shiyam Prasanna||NGO involved in Youth Activities|
|Dr.M.Rajmohan, MDS, PhD||Professor||Representative of Faculty Member|
|Dr.Marudhamani||Representative of Parents|
|Mr.Hari Balaji||I BDS||Representative of Student belonging to Freshers' category|
|Mr.K.Suruthi Sahar||IV BDS||Representative of Student belonging to Seniors' category|
|Mr.Eswaran||Representative of Non-Teaching Staff|
What constitutes ragging?
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- Indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student.
- Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student.
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students.
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person.
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
- Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher.
Where can I get help?
- We do not want you to feel that you are alone and helpless. We are all with you.
- Your Parents are there to help. Please do not feel that you will burden your parents. Talk to them freely and openly. If you are being ragged – it is not your fault. They understand that.
- KSRIDSR views ragging as a grave offence. The college management is there to help – Please do not hesitate to ask for help. The college has constituted Anti Ragging Committee and Anti Ragging Squads to ensure that ragging does not happen. You can contact any of the members in the Anti Ragging Committee or the Principal or any senior faculty or resident faculty or your hostel warden to report any incident of ragging. Remember, no incident is too small to ignore.
- You can call the anti-ragging helpline any time on 1800 180 5522. It is a free phone. You can also send them an E mail on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any body can register a complaint of Ragging. It does not have to be only the victim. If you notice an incidence of Ragging you must inform the call centre. It is your duty to do so.
- You can also register a complaint of Ragging – Anonymously. You must however avoid this option because without knowing details it becomes difficult for us to take any action. We can assure you of confidentiality.
- For knowing the progress of your complaint you can log on to the Anti Ragging Portal: www.antiragging.in or visit www.amanmovement.org.
By the Order of the Hon. Supreme Court of India, every student must submit his/her Anti Ragging Affidavit ONLINE every year at the time of Registration in all institutions of higher learning in India. It does not matter if a student is senior or junior; in first year of his/her bachelors degree or in final year of his/her Ph.D.
For details on how to fill the online affidavit, kindly contact the college management or visit this link.